Welcome

Thursday, December 30, 2010

We're Moving

We’re moving!  We have a contract on the house and just had the home inspection today so we’re waiting to hear the results; assuming this is a “go” and I’m busy tearing apart my lovely home.  Oh, how barren it looks without all the special touches that we’ve enjoyed having around us.  We left our walls white but we had lots of “eye candy” to feast upon and now it’s scattered throughout boxes stacked in the garage.  I’ve got to get as much packing done as possible by the first of the year since we do not yet have a home in Lake Havasu to move into.  The closing is scheduled for February 2 so I need to get to Havasu and do some house shopping!  Funny thing … but I can’t be here packing and in Havasu house hunting at the same time.  How neat it would be if I could!

We’re planning to rent for at least a year, maybe longer, as we start a little business with our son and see how it goes.  It will also give us a chance to check out all the different areas in Havasu so if and when we decide to buy we will know exactly where we’d like to live. 

And, if you read my previous post, you know how much I hate packing for a trip.  But this packing up of the whole house is actually easier – no decisions about what to pack.  Everything goes!  Except some items that I know I haven’t or won’t use … so it’s pretty easy in the decision department.  The hard part is the actual packing in boxes and moving them around.  My two sons are already in Havasu and my husband lives and works in Phoenix during the week SO the bulk of the packing is left to me.  I must admit I’ve accomplished a lot in the last week or so and I’m on box #62 today and counting.  And I’m developing muscles – that’s a bonus!



 Miss the "eye candy"


Next week, it’s off to Havasu to find a home.  Hopefully I will find just the right one for us and get things settled there quickly so I can return and finish the rest of the packing here in Tucson. 

Wish me luck!  Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment