Welcome

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Purpose

Purpose … Have you ever asked “who am I?”; “what is my purpose here?”; “is there something I’m supposed to be doing that I don’t see?” Sometimes I’ve thought that there must be some wonderfully important thing I’m supposed to do to leave my mark on this world. I usually feel so insignificant, but lately I’m learning that as child of the King, I am loved and cherished by my Savior and the job He has for me is to pass that love on to those around me with whom I share my life and those that just brush up against me from time to time. How important is a kind smile to someone’s day when they’ve been harassed or put down by someone else! My little life may have a great impact on someone even when I don’t know it so it’s important that every contact I have comes away with a good feeling for spending a bit of time in my presence. Reminds me of the simplicity of the Golden Rule; just treat others in the same way I would enjoy being treated. So simple and yet so difficult to make a permanent part of our lives.


As a wife my purpose is to support my husband in all that he wants to do for our family and for our life together and be a helper, not a hindrance. Stand by him through the tough times and encourage him when he falters (as we all do from time to time). Pray for him! We pray for all kinds of things but do we remember our own precious husbands? When he is blessed so am I – how neat is that!

And our children – how much they need our prayers and our encouragement no matter how old they are. When they are small and in their formative years we spend a good deal of time teaching and training them. When they are older, oftentimes they don’t do all that we would like them to do. Many times they reject our lifestyle and go the opposite direction. No matter, they are our children, our special blessings.  The power of a praying mother accomplishes much. I know; I’ve seen it in my own family. And I’m still praying and watching and waiting to see God’s mighty hand at work. It can take a long, long time but we must never give up. God never gives up on us -- His children – and neither should we give up on ours.

Bringing children into this world can show us so much about how God looks at us. Our children are born in the midst of great pain and great joy. And God brings us into His kingdom the same way. His Son’s life was given so that we might have life in God’s presence – that was painful for Him – so painful that He even had to turn away when all of our sin was placed upon Jesus. But great joy is His when one of us turns away from the world and searches Him out and accepts that precious gift of His Son’s blood to cover all our sins and mistakes and we are given a bit of the Spirit of God to reside in us and lead us in the way we should go.

Purpose? So simple … seek God and His will for your life … and rejoice in the gift of life every day. Spread God’s love for you around to all you come in contact with so they, too, can rejoice in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment