Welcome

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Reflections

Reflections … I’m at that age where the life behind me is longer than the days ahead (not that I’m planning to check out soon but it is a fact of living.)  Maturity brings some semblance of peace and balance to my life even through the tough times – it’s a good place to be.


I’ve been a baptized follower of Christ and His Way for a little over 40 years of my adult life. Prior to that time I always had an interest in “religion” often studying books and information from a number of Christian ministries and I still do that to this day. I’ve discovered that my walk with God is a life-long challenge and He is dealing with me on a deeper level now than ever before. The rewards are encouraging showing me that there is never a time in our lives when we cannot learn and change and grow. Now that there is less distraction of children and issues in my life I have more quality time to spend in my pursuit of understanding and truth. This will keep my brain cells humming for a good long time perhaps even averting some of the maladies of old age when I get to that point.

In January of this year I was challenged to lose the excess weight that had been my nemesis for the past 15 years and I’m pleased that I am successfully doing so. My “temple” is getting healthier and smaller at the same time and this, too, is encouraging. I’ve tried to lose weight in the past and sometimes have been successful for a short period of time, but for reasons that I do not understand I would revert to my old eating habits and the weight would gladly find its way back into its comfortable hiding spots. I would feel discouraged for a while and then just let it pass. This time I felt God was asking me to take better care of this temple of His Holy Spirit – that He had given me this life as a precious gift; and if I am to enjoy it into my later years, I needed to take control of my body and submit it to my will. So I asked Him to give me the desire and the self control I needed to make this venture a success and I am pleased to report He has done so. My journey of weight loss continues.

As every day goes by I see more and more of the things in me that need a “spiritual adjustment” and I’m finding it an exciting challenge to work on these and at the same time develop a closer, more intimate, relationship with my Creator. He is an awesome God and He has a good plan for my life to prosper me and give me hope and future (Jeremiah 29:11) and I am learning that I need to wholeheartedly take in and make His Word part of my being so I can be all that He has created me to be.

My saga continues …

No comments:

Post a Comment