Welcome

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Home at Last ...






Home at Last …

My heart is heavy this day – our oldest son, Mark, passed away on Saturday, June 15th  at the age of 43. 

For those of you who don’t know his story, his life was one of challenge and illness for over 30 years. He was an amazing young man because he fought many battles that were never ending and yet he held on to his belief in and love for God, never ranting and raving, never blaming God or anyone else, just bearing up under one illness after another.

This illness came upon him rather suddenly; he had not been feeling well for a few days and was extremely fatigued.  He came to stay with us on Tuesday night and on Wednesday night I took him to the emergency room. Early Thursday morning he was being air-lifted to Las Vegas for emergency surgery to remove extensive tissue damaged by a form of flesh eating bacteria. He was in a medically induced coma after surgery to give his body a chance to recover but within 24 hours it became apparent that his kidneys, liver, and lungs were succumbing to the massive infection.  He passed away peacefully at 9:30 AM Saturday.


Mark always felt that he would not outlive his parents and often told me not to cry when he died because he was going to a better place where there would be no more tears, no more pain, and no more sorrow – and that God would have a job for him to do in the Kingdom.  The tears flow because they cannot be helped; they flow for our loss.  But we know he is at peace and … finally “home at last”.






Go here to hear Mark's favorite song:






Ann





3 comments:

  1. Ann, this was the last thing I expected to find when I visited your blog today. I am so sorry for your loss, and that's all I'm going to say. Because there are no words. No words. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweet friend. I'm so sorry. I sometimes forget that other people have REAL problems and not the silly ones I worry about sometimes. I hope you will accept my sympathy. Are you still in Lake Havasu? (spelling??) I hope we can correspond more regularly. I love you and hope you can find peace in knowing you have friends thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to your blog from Claudia at Mockingbird HIll Cottage. Your comforting words to Claudia touched my heart and when you mentioned having lost your oldest son I clicked on your name and came here. My heart goes out to you and your family in your loss. I pray that time helps a little because as lots of commentators mentioned to Claudia, we never fully get over it.

    ReplyDelete