Welcome

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Things That Grow ... and Brightening Up

It's springtime here in Havasu -- temps in the 70's and 80's and the plants are growing.  Now is the time to enjoy them because when it gets hot they don't do very well and they certainly don't look very good.


My husband is growing some tomatoes and one stalk of decorative corn --



I'm in the midst of spring housecleaning and decided to try to brighten up my great room area.  In our other house we had lots of big windows that provided plenty of light and we had white carpeting so the darker shades of purple and green contrasted nicely.  This house has only one window in the dining area and darker tile floors so everything has been rather dull.

I found some soft yellow fabric I liked and decided to change out the pillows.  That prompted the idea of changing out the dark tiles in my coffee and end table which I really like.  And I had a white rug in the garage from staging the house we remodeled so decided that, too, would add some light.

Here's the before --



Here's the after --






Now I've got to finish cleaning the kitchen ... re-arranged all my pantry storage early this week and defrosted the chest freezer today.  We can't store any food items in the garage because it gets so hot here so we added some shelving to the wasted space in my laundry room and it's our backup pantry.  There is a nice pantry cabinet in the kitchen but because the shelves are so deep I could not see what was in the back so we added sliding shelves on tracks and now I can pull each shelf out and easily see what's in the back.  We're renting here but there are some things I just can't do without ...




Blessings on your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment