Welcome

Monday, November 21, 2011

What's on Your Thanksgiving Menu?




Both my boys are coming for Thanksgiving and one is bringing his girlfriend and her teenage boys. I got a large turkey so we'll have plenty of leftovers.  My husband loves to make turkey soup and he's much better at that than I am so I defer to him on that one.

On the Menu

Turkey (has to be Butterball according to son #2)
Homemade Stuffing (and lots of it per instructions from both boys)
Mashed Potatoes (son #2 is making those 'cause he has a "secret" way)
Gravy (a must!)
Butternut Squash loaded with butter and brown sugar
Cranberry sauce (jellied from the can for all the men in my family and homemade for me)
Cornbread

Eggnog, Sparkling Cider, and White Wine

Pumpkin Cheesecake
Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream and/or Cheddar Cheese Slices
Chocolate Mint Candies

Coffee, Tea, and perhaps an After-Dinner Drink as well


Tuesday is baking day for the cheesecake and pies.  Wednesday we'll do the squash and set the table and make the cornbread.  And early Thursday morning Mr. Turkey will hit the oven overflowing with stuffing.

Happy Cookin'!  And count your blessings!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment