Welcome

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking Back ... and Ahead... and a Birthday

I must admit that 2011 was quite a good year for my family even though there are so many in distress.  Over the past 22 years we've experienced over seven years of unemployment so I know how difficult those times can be.  Now my husband works extremely long hours but he is able to work from home and it is a good job and we are blessed.

Our little family -- my husband and myself and our two grown sons -- resettled in Lake Havasu this year and it is wonderful to have all of us close together after many years of being spread out across the US.

My oldest son has experienced much improved health this year and is settled in here in his RV with his loving cat, Serena, and is busy at work making his yard a place of relaxation and enjoyment even though plants will not thrive in this harsh desert environment.



Our youngest son completely remodeled a home we bought for resale and is eagerly looking forward to our next one.  We do have an offer pending and are waiting for the bank's appraisal any moment.



He's turning 39 today -- Happy Birthday, Jeff!


He was born during an ice storm and blizzard in on New Year's Eve in New England.  It took three hours to get to the hospital -- normally a ten minute drive!  I guess the long labor I experienced was a good thing or he would have been born in a cold car on an icy street!

We've had our ups and down throughout the year but I choose to be thankful for all we've been given and all we have to look forward to this coming year.  May you and your family experience joy and peace in 2012.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment