Welcome

Thursday, June 14, 2012

OOPS!

Just found out yesterday that the VA loan we're using for the house requires that the eaves be refinished before closing in two weeks.  This is a big job that we were planning to do in the early winter (we're in Havasu after all), not in the heat of the summer.  But they will not close until the eaves are done. SO Jeff came out of hiberation (as he calls it) and we started today.  Oh my, oh my!  What a job!  We intended to do it over a period of time; now we have to have it done pronto.  And it was 105 here today and predicted to be 115-117 during the next few days.

Ok, take a deep breath and just do it.

This is how Jeff spent the entire day ... oh those aching arms ... and the sunburn to go with it.


We don't have access to the house -- I know -- we have to do this work before closing but we can't have access to the house -- only the yard.  But that's the way it is so we just deal with it.  The house and the view and the pool are going to be way worth it!

But since we do have yard access, we did take advantage of this --


And we're looking forward to many more days spent here.

Enjoy your evening -- we're both having a big cocktail and nursing our tired bodies. Hmmm ... I'm getting a little old for this stuff.  Guess it will keep me young!

Blessings,


2 comments:

  1. Ugh! I hate working over my head at anything--that looks like it would kill me. Hydrate! So sorry it's so hot. How long do you think it will take?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a nightmare! I just can't believe how how it's gong to be. I'm so not ready for this. Enjoy that pool!!!

    ReplyDelete