Welcome

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tick, Tock ... Tick, Tock

I hate waiting ... just plain and simple.  I don't like waiting in traffic or waiting in checkout lines or waiting at the doctor's office or waiting for the closing on our house.  I've learned not to fuss when waiting in traffic, checkout lines and doctor's offices probably because the Good Lord has made sure I've had plenty of opportunity to learn how to get it right. He says patience is a virtue; it must be because it certainly doesn't come naturally to me and it's been a long teaching process.

However, waiting for the closing on the house is something I don't do regularly and both my son, Jeff, who is ready to get started on the remodel and myself are just itching to get going.  We've got sample tiles and carpet and paint colors and we've got prices and some quotes.  So there is nothing to do now but wait ... ugh.  We've done all the prep work in deciding what direction to go that we can at this time since we don't have access to the house unless we call the real estate agent.    We both work the same way ... sometimes you just have to "be" in the place and ponder on what you want, what will work, and what you can afford to do.

So it's "tick, tock" time.  I've started cleaning out some drawers and closets to make sure I'm not planning to pack anything that I don't want or need and I have a couple of bags ready to take to the donation center.  I've started a collection -- of boxes!


I've saved a lot of heavy packing boxes I purchased for the move from Tucson BUT since they are heavy and most of them flattened to conserve space they needed something in front of them to hold them up neatly against the wall.  OOPS!  This is what is in front of the boxes ... guess that wasn't good planning was it?


Oh well, it will get moved around ... just not now.  I've got to get psyched up for that part.

In the meantime, I've got a good book and a nice tall glass of iced green tea and the clocking ticking until June 26.

Blessings on your day,

No comments:

Post a Comment